Our work in schools can include the following:
- Professional individual counselling with children and young people, working with a wide range of problems such as:
· family breakdown
· low school attendance
· anxiety and low mood
Common outcomes are:
o increased school attendance
o young people fulfilling their potential
o increased resilience
o increased self-esteem.
- Supervision groups for staff in school. This is a space where you can come and think about some of the issues arising from working with young people; in particular those young people with difficult and complex issues and the impact this has on staff as professionals. The groups are for up to four staff members and take place once a month.
- One-to-one counselling support for all staff members, as required (on a voluntary basis). The number of sessions funded can be negotiated with the school but the most common model is six sessions per staff member per academic year. If further sessions are required, this can be arranged on a private basis between the counsellor and staff member. We are happy to see staff in school but we will provide rooms for individual counselling sessions if the staff member prefers to be seen out of school.
- Peer support programme. We can offer a package of training for sixth formers to operate a listening or peer support service to younger pupils. We would also provide once-monthly support group for these individuals, which is a space for them to talk about any of the issues arising from the pupils they’ve been meeting with.
- Training for staff. We offer a bespoke training package for schools based upon issues arising from the pupils they are engaged with. Examples of topics can include bereavement, self-harm and infant attachment but we can work around the needs of the school.
- A simple termly report covering anonymised feedback about the emerging themes that are relevant to the whole school, a budget update and the level of uptake can be provided to schools by way of feedback.
Please contact us if you are interested in any of the above services and how Phoenix Counselling Cooperative may be able to support your school: firstname.lastname@example.org